Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Ten for Tueday
Well, today is Tuesday. This past week has been crazy, I may need more than 10 lines!!
1. My bf had a kidney transplant last Tuesday. Was released Saturday. Doing great.
2. We are now a walking pharmacy. He's on 16 different medications, everything from anti-fungals to anti-rejection to blood pressure meds. We have a pill box for everyday and have a list of meds and check them off as they go in the box. Yep. a bit overwhelming.
3. He has to get blood drawn twice a week for awhile to make sure he has enough anti-rejection meds in his system and to make sure the new baby is alive and kicking.
4. More than ever now I support organ donation. This transplant will let him have more of a 'normal' life.
5. I saw a little girl at the hospital yesterday who was a kidney transplant recipient. She must have been about 8 years old. Her mom looked really tired.
6. My daughter graduated from 5th grade last week. The school had a ceremony for them. I cried.
7. I am a bit behind with shipping for my shops. Thank goodness I don't have a lot of orders. Will be catching up today for sure. The rest of the week will be busy as well.
8. My mom had a test done last week that showed she has a hole in her bladder. I think it's from the radiation treatments she had a few years ago for her cancer. She had to go back on chemo treatments last month.
9. Cancer sucks.
10. As for me, no stress... :)